India has made significant progress in the medical field. From acquiring the latest technologies to the construction of world-class hospitals, India has come a long way. In fact, India has the most no. of clinics and hospitals in the world. Here is a list of the best hospitals in India.
List of Top 10 Best Hospitals in India - Updated 2022
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
Sarita Vihar, Delhi
- 1st in India to perform a successful Pediatric and Adult Liver Transplant.
- The first hospital in India to be accredited by JCI in 2005.
- One of the top hospitals in India ranked first in Neurosciences.
- 1st installation of Spect-CT & Pet-CT in South Asia.
Gurgaon Sector 38, Gurgaon
- It is one of India’s largest multi-super specialty institutes.
- India’s first successful implantation of artificial 3D-printed vertebrae.
- Best cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road
Greams Road, Chennai
- 1st rank in the Times All India Multispecialty Hospitals Ranking Survey of 2018.
- It is one of the most respected hospitals in the world
- The most popular destination for medical tourism in India among patients.
- Apollo has marked itself as one of the biggest hospital in india and touched over more than 120 million lives from over 120 countries, offering the best clinical outcomes.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
Andheri West, Mumbai
- No. 1 Multispecialty Hospital in Mumbai and the Western Region by The Week Magazine.
- Certificate of Achievement from the Univants of Healthcare Excellence 2020.
- "Best Hospital - Oncology & Diabetology" - West at the ET Healthworld Hospital Awards 2020.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital applies Protocol and Caring Path medication techniques to compete with international hospitals.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute
Gurgaon Sector 44, Gurgaon
Mon - Sun
8 am - 8 pm
- Fortis hospital in Gurugram is a multi-speciality hospital with an impressive global team, famous doctors, including super-sub-specialists and specialized nurses, and cutting-edge technology.
- India's 1st robot-assisted Joint Replacement Surgery.
- India's 1st Laparoscopic Left Lateral Donor Hepatectomy.
- No. 2 Best Private Hospitals in Delhi by The Week Magazine Survey, 2019
Blk Super Speciality Hospital
Pusa Road, Delhi
- BLK is a famous hospital to become one of Asia’s largest Bone Marrow transplant centre.
- Houses the largest critical care programmes in the region.
- 1st in NCR to install and start the use of Automatic Pneumatic Chute System.
- Accredited with Delhi’s First MUD (Match Unrelated Donor) Transplant.
- The best treatment for laparoscopic surgery.
Gurgaon Sector 51, Gurgaon
- Atremis one of the top 10 private hospitals in India, offers a range of experience across a variety of important medical and surgical operations.
- 1st JCI and NABH accredited hospital in Gurgaon.
- Received the 'Asia Pacific Hand Hygiene Excellence Award' by WHO.
- Offers its international patients with Pre – departure, Post admission & Post Discharge services.
- Green OT Certified.
Gleneagles Global Health City
- Gleneagles, one of the renowned largest hospital in India ranked 3rd to be the best hospital in 2022 in the field of oncology.
- The only biggest hospital in India to be associated with King's College Hospital, London.
- Asia’s most trusted and leading Multi-Organ Transplant Centre.
- First Adult Swap Liver Transplant Hospital In India.
- First successful Single Lung transplant in India.
Fortis Escorts And Heart Institute
- ‘One of the top private hospital in India has established itself as a pioneer in the field of cardiac treatment and is recognized for its path-breaking work and services to numerous heart patients.
- Top specialized hospitals for Cardiology Specialty’ by Newsweek 2021.
- Gold Award in Healthcare Delivery Brand, 2020
- Excellence in Cardiac Sciences by ABP Healthcare Leadership, 2019.
- Best Interventional Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery Awards, 2019.
Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals
Salt Lake, Kolkata
Mon - Sun
7 am - 6 pm
- This is the biggest hospital chain India with an impeccable performance in the field of healthcare.
- The only hospital in Kolkata receives NABL certification in six separate categories.
- FIRST F & B Department of Hospital in India to get the coveted ISO 22000:2005 - HACCP certification.
- The first hospital in India has been certified by ISO 14001:2005 and ISO 50001:2011 for Environment and Energy.
India has become popular for medical tourism across the world because of its reasonable rates, easy accommodation, qualified surgeons and quality services. The success rate is considerably decent for various treatmnets such stem cell. dental problems, cancer and many more. Hospitals in India continuously try to leverage the most advanced technology to attract more and more foreign patients and the number seems to be growing.
Turkey is equally good with regards to its healthcare system. They have hospitals with state of art architecture who employ the best surgeons. Along with the most contemporary technology that is being used in other developed countries. And the costs are reasonable too. For more details about best Turkish Hospitals. Click Here.
1. What are the good aspects of healthcare in India?
- India is a top location for medical tourists.
- In the Indian healthcare system, both private and government healthcare facilities are available.
- In terms of volume, India is the third-largest exporter of pharmaceutical items.
2. Why Should I Choose India For Healthcare?
- India provides high-quality healthcare at affordable prices as compared to other developed countries.
- Usage of the latest techniques and technologies for treatment.
- Less waiting time for major surgeries as compared to other countries.
- Medical Visa has been granted to foreign patients that allows them to enter the country a total of 3 times.
3. What are the treatment procedures available in India?
- Bone-marrow transplant
- Cardiac bypass
- Eye surgery
- Hip replacement
- Dental services
- Plastic Surgeries etc.
4. Is health insurance accepted at hospitals in India?
Please notify the hospitals if you have overseas health insurance valid in India. Hospitals may ask you to get an advance payment guarantee. That you will have to coordinate from your home country if it is an approved insurance provider.
5. What are the approved payment methods?
In India, all primary forms of payment are accepted, including cash, international Master or Visa credit cards, traveler's checks, etc.
6. What is the duration of an Indian medical visa?
By default, the Indian government permits this visa to be valid for 60 days. But, India's new visa policy allows for a paper-based medical visa extension for up to 180 days. So, you do not need a Medical Visa if you come to India for a tourist or business purpose and need medical help during your stay in India that was not expected in advance.
Furthermore, you do not need a medical visa to consult a doctor about your problem. A medical visa is required for treatment.